Why Us

Established in 2002, Migration Expert is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced migration consultants for Canada, the UK and Australia clients from across the globe wishing to apply for a UK visa. Migration Expert provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent our clients through the often-complex visa application process. All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the UK Government subject to lodging a valid application using the free forms available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Expert is not affiliated with the UK Government and act independently in the interests of our clients.

UK Tier 2 - Minister of Religion Visa

UK Tier 2 - Minister of Religion Visa

The Tier 2 - Minister of Religion visa has been established for ministers of religion coming to the UK to perform pastoral duties. The Tier 2 - Minister of Religion visa also caters to applicants seeking to come to the UK as a missionary or member of a religious order, such as monks, nuns or members of similar religious communities.

Applicants who are granted temporary residence under the Tier 2 - Minister of Religion visa are permitted to live and work in the UK for the duration of their employment for a maximum three (3) year period.

UK Employer? Book a complimentary consultation with a UK Migration Consultant.

Tier 2 - Minister of Religion Visa Basic Requirements

The basic requirement for this visa is to score a minimum of 70 points for attributes including sponsorship, English language and available maintenance funds.

Applicants for the Tier 2 - Minister of Religion visa can include those who act in the capacity of a minister of religion, either regularly or occasionally, missionaries and members of religious orders. Duties performed by potential applicants can include:

  • Leading worship; giving religious education to children and adults by preaching or teaching;
  • Officiating at marriages, funerals and other special services;
  • Offering counseling and welfare support to members of the congregation;
  • Recruiting, training and coordinating the work of any local volunteers and lay preachers; and organization of missionary activities.

In the first instance, a prospective sponsor will apply to the UK Border Agency in order to be granted a license. When successfully licensed, a sponsor can apply for a number of certificates of sponsorship, which they can then present to the people whom they intend to sponsor. Once a prospective employee has been allocated a certificate of sponsorship, he or she will be eligible to apply for UK entry clearance or leave to remain in the UK.

Tier 2 - Minister of Religion Visa Entitlements

The Tier 2 - Minister of Religion visa is issued for an initial maximum period of three (3) years or the period granted as reflected in the certificate of sponsorship whichever is shorter. Upon successfully holding a Tier 2 - Minister of Religion visa for a total of five (5) years, individuals may be entitled to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). ILR entitles individuals to permanent residency in as well as visa-free travel to and from the UK. ILR holders may also be able to sponsor their relatives to the UK and may also ultimately be eligible to apply for British citizenship. Eligible dependants may also be included and upon obtaining the visa, may be entitled to work or study without any restrictions.

To see a full listing of our fees and services, Tier 2 - Minister Of Religion visa Processing Time and application costs please visit our FAQ page.