Individuals can travel to the UK for the specific purpose of visiting friends and family who live in the UK.
UK family members can sponsor the applicant by providing an invitation letter to confirm the relationship, purpose of the visit, and also the support they will be providing in terms of financial assistance and/or accommodation.
Applicants in this category must prove to the UK Immigration Authorities that they can financially maintain and accommodate themselves (with or without assistance from family member(s) living in the UK)and without public funding or employment.
Family Visitor Visa Basic Requirements
To qualify under a Standard Visitor Visa for family visit purposes there are basic requirements that must be met. Applicants can only visit the UK for a maximum of six (6) months, show that they will be able to financially support themselves (if necessary with the support of friends and family) and meet the cost of their onward journey. They must not take up any paid or unpaid employment in the UK.
Family Visitor Visa Entitlements
This visa entitles holders to visit the UK for up to a maximum of six (6) months, allowing them to experience the life and culture in the UK. They may also be allowed multiple entries during the six (6) month period.
What are the Processing Time and Costs?
Choose from either a fully managed service for peace of mind, or a purchase an in-depth application guide to help you manage your own visa application with minimal difficulites. Click below for a more detailed overview of what is included in the fees.
Personalised Do-it-yourself Application
Self manage your application with personalised advice from a registered UK Migration consultant
- Personalised application advice
- Easy to follow, detailed Step by Step Guide (PDF) based on your unique circumstances within 1-2 working days from purchase
- Prepare and submit your application at your own pace
- Government fees additional
- Also includes an optional 30-minute consultation
Fully Managed Visa Application Service
Application managed on your behalf from start to finish by a registered UK Migration consultant.
- Your visa application is expertly prepared, submitted and managed with the UK Government.
- Consultant will work with you to collect all supporting documents based on unique circumstances
- All supporting documents reviewed before your application is submitted
- Provide online support and telephone consultations to clarify any visa application requirements
- Application submitted to the UK Government within 1 working day after receiving all the required information and supporting documents
GOVERNMENT FEES AND PROCESSING TIME
|FAMILY VISITOR VISA||OUTSIDE THE UK (ENTRY CLEARANCE)||INSIDE THE UK (FLR)|
|Government Main Application Fee||£93||£1033|
|Government Partner Application Fee||£93||£1033|
|Government Child Application Fee||£93||£1033|
|Processing Time||1-3 weeks||1-8 weeks|
* All fees and processing time are obtained from government sources