Applicants must apply for a Marriage Visitor Visa if they want to get married, register for a civil partnership in the UK or want to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership in the UK.
This visa would be perfect for applicants with a specific desire to get married in a romantic Scottish castle! Both parties to the marriage are required to leave the UK at the end of their visa.
Marriage Visitor Visa Basic Requirements
To qualify for a Marriage Visitor visa, the following requirements must be met.
- Applicants must be 18 years or over;
- Applicants must be in a genuine relationship;
- Applicants must be free to give notice of marriage or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months or arrival;
- Applicants must intend to visit the UK for less than 6 months and intend to leave at the end of their visit;
- Applicants must be able to support themselves without working or recourse to public funds;
- Applicants must be able to meet the cost of return or onward journey.
Marriage Visitor Visa Entitlements
This visa entitles holders to visit the UK for up to a maximum of six (6) months allowing them to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK during the six (6) month period.
What are the Processing Time and Costs?
Choose from either a fully managed service for peace of mind, or a purchase an in-depth application guide to help you manage your own visa application with minimal difficulites. Click below for a more detailed overview of what is included in the fees.
Personalised Do-it-yourself Application
Self manage your application with personalised advice from a registered UK Migration consultant
- Personalised application advice
- Easy to follow, detailed Step by Step Guide (PDF) based on your unique circumstances within 1-2 working days from purchase
- Prepare and submit your application at your own pace
- Government fees additional
- Also includes an optional 30-minute consultation
Fully Managed Visa Application Service
Application managed on your behalf from start to finish by a registered UK Migration consultant.
- Your visa application is expertly prepared, submitted and managed with the UK Government.
- Consultant will work with you to collect all supporting documents based on unique circumstances
- All supporting documents reviewed before your application is submitted
- Provide online support and telephone consultations to clarify any visa application requirements
- Application submitted to the UK Government within 1 working day after receiving all the required information and supporting documents
GOVERNMENT FEES AND PROCESSING TIME
|MARRIAGE VISITOR VISA||OUTSIDE THE UK (ENTRY CLEARANCE)||INSIDE THE UK (FLR)|
|Government Main Application Fee||£93||£1033|
|Government Partner Application Fee||£93||£1033|
|Government Child Application Fee||£93||£1033|
|Processing Time||1-3 weeks||1-8 weeks|
* All fees and processing time are obtained from government sources