The Parent of a Child at School Visitor Visa is appropriate for parents who want to accompany their child to the United Kingdom while they attend school.
Parent of a Tier 4 Child Visitor Visa Basic Requirements
To qualify for a Parent of a Child at School Visitor Visa, applicants must:
- Have a child who is studying at or about to start studying at an in dependant fee-paying day school in the UK or have a Tier 4 (Child) Visa,
- Have sufficient funds to support themselves while in the UK, without recourse to public funds or working,
- Meet the visitor visa requirements,
- Maintain a second home outside the UK,
- Plan to leave the UK at the end of the visit,
- Be able to meet the cost of their return or onward journey.
Parent Of A Tier 4 Child Visitor Visa Entitlements
The visa can be granted for either 6 or 12 months. Thereafter, extensions may be granted for 12 months at a time until the Child reaches 12 years of age. Parents are not permitted to work and must be able to support themselves during their stay in the UK.
What are the Processing Time and Costs?
Choose from either a fully managed service for peace of mind, or a purchase an in-depth application guide to help you manage your own visa application with minimal difficulites. Click below for a more detailed overview of what is included in the fees.
Personalised Do-it-yourself Application
Self manage your application with personalised advice from a registered UK Migration consultant
- Personalised application advice
- Easy to follow, detailed Step by Step Guide (PDF) based on your unique circumstances within 1-2 working days from purchase
- Prepare and submit your application at your own pace
- Government fees additional
- Also includes an optional 30-minute consultation
Fully Managed Visa Application Service
Application managed on your behalf from start to finish by a registered UK Migration consultant.
- Your visa application is expertly prepared, submitted and managed with the UK Government.
- Consultant will work with you to collect all supporting documents based on unique circumstances
- All supporting documents reviewed before your application is submitted
- Provide online support and telephone consultations to clarify any visa application requirements
- Application submitted to the UK Government within 1 working day after receiving all the required information and supporting documents
GOVERNMENT FEES AND PROCESSING TIME
|PARENT OF A TIER 4 CHILD VISITOR VISA||OUTSIDE THE UK (ENTRY CLEARANCE)||INSIDE THE UK (FLR)|
|Government Main Application Fee||£516||£1033|
|Government Partner Application Fee||N/A||N/A|
|Government Child Application Fee||N/A||N/A|
|Processing Time||1-3 weeks||1-8 weeks|
* All fees and processing time are obtained from government sources