The Short-Term Study Visa is intended for visitors who wish to take short courses of study of up to six (6) months duration in the United Kingdom. This visa type may be appropriate for those who plan to complete a short-term English language course, but do not wish to take part-time work or extend their visas.
Short-Term Study Visitor Visa Basic Requirements
To come to the United Kingdom as a Short-Term Study Visitor, applicants must have:
- Been offered a place on a course at a UK educational institution,
- Sufficient funds to support yourself without working or help from public funds,
- Sufficient funds to fund their return or onward journey,
- If the applicant is under 18 years of age, the applicant must make arrangements for travel and stay in the UK and have permission from their guardian or parent(s) to study in the UK.
Short-Term Study Visitor Visa Entitlements
If successful, visa holders will be allowed to enter the UK for up to six (6) months to eleven (11) months, depending on the case to pursue the short term course.
They are not allowed to undertake part-time work and will not be able to extend their stay in the UK as a student visitor.
What are the Processing Time and Costs?
|SERVICE NAME||PROCESSING TIME||SERVICE FEE|
|Managed Visa Application Service||60 days||US$799.00|
|Guided Visa Application Service||2 days||US$299.00|
GOVERNMENT FEES AND PROCESSING TIME
|SHORT-TERM STUDY VISA||OUTSIDE THE UK (ENTRY CLEARANCE)||INSIDE THE UK (FLR)|
|Government Main Application Fee||£516||£1033|
|Government Partner Application Fee||N/A||N/A|
|Government Child Application Fee||N/A||N/A|
|Processing Time||1-3 weeks||1-8 weeks|
* All fees and processing time are obtained from government sources