The Short-Term Study Visa is intended for visitors who wish to take short courses of study of up to six (6) months duration in the United Kingdom. This visa type may be appropriate for those who plan to complete a short-term English language course, but do not wish to take part-time work or extend their visas.
Short-Term Study Visitor Visa Basic Requirements
To come to the United Kingdom as a Short-Term Study Visitor, applicants must have:
- Been offered a place on a course at a UK educational institution,
- Sufficient funds to support yourself without working or help from public funds,
- Sufficient funds to fund their return or onward journey,
- If the applicant is under 18 years of age, the applicant must make arrangements for travel and stay in the UK and have permission from their guardian or parent(s) to study in the UK.
Short-Term Study Visitor Visa Entitlements
If successful, visa holders will be allowed to enter the UK for up to six (6) months to eleven (11) months, depending on the case to pursue the short term course.
They are not allowed to undertake part-time work and will not be able to extend their stay in the UK as a student visitor.
What are the Processing Time and Costs?
Choose from either a fully managed service for peace of mind, or a purchase an in-depth application guide to help you manage your own visa application with minimal difficulites. Click below for a more detailed overview of what is included in the fees.
Personalised Do-it-yourself Application
Self manage your application with personalised advice from a registered UK Migration consultant
- Personalised application advice
- Easy to follow, detailed Step by Step Guide (PDF) based on your unique circumstances within 1-2 working days from purchase
- Prepare and submit your application at your own pace
- Government fees additional
- Also includes an optional 30-minute consultation
Fully Managed Visa Application Service
Application managed on your behalf from start to finish by a registered UK Migration consultant.
- Your visa application is expertly prepared, submitted and managed with the UK Government.
- Consultant will work with you to collect all supporting documents based on unique circumstances
- All supporting documents reviewed before your application is submitted
- Provide online support and telephone consultations to clarify any visa application requirements
- Application submitted to the UK Government within 1 working day after receiving all the required information and supporting documents
GOVERNMENT FEES AND PROCESSING TIME
|SHORT-TERM STUDY VISA||OUTSIDE THE UK (ENTRY CLEARANCE)||INSIDE THE UK (FLR)|
|Government Main Application Fee||£516||£1033|
|Government Partner Application Fee||N/A||N/A|
|Government Child Application Fee||N/A||N/A|
|Processing Time||1-3 weeks||1-8 weeks|
* All fees and processing time are obtained from government sources