The United Kingdom has a thriving business culture and the UK recognizes that individual business people may want to come to the UK for short periods. This may be to negotiate the terms of a contract with businesses in the UK, carry out market research or attend conferences. This category of visa also applies to people engaging in short term sports or entertainers.
Business Visitor Visa Basic Requirements
To qualify under Standard Visitor Visa for business purposes, there are basic requirements which must be met. Applicants have to demonstrate that they intend to undertake business activities including:
- Attending meetings or conferences,
- Arranging deals,
- Negotiating or signing trade agreement or contracts,
- Undertaking fact-finding missions,
- Checking details or goods,
- Conducting site visits and promotional activities.
They must only visit the UK for a maximum of six (6) months, show that they will be able to financially support themselves (if necessary with the support of friends and family) and meet the cost of their onward journey. They must not undertake any paid or unpaid employment in the UK.
Business Visitor Visa Entitlements
This visa entitles holders to visit the UK for up to a maximum of six (6) months allowing them to undertake their business activities and they may also be allowed multiple entries during the six (6) month period. Visa holders can attend business meetings, conferences and briefings, engage in fact finding, negotiating or making contracts within the UK for their business to buy or sell goods or services.
What are the Processing Time and Costs?
Choose from either a fully managed service for peace of mind, or a purchase an in-depth application guide to help you manage your own visa application with minimal difficulites. Click below for a more detailed overview of what is included in the fees.
Personalised Do-it-yourself Application
Self manage your application with personalised advice from a registered UK Migration consultant
- Personalised application advice
- Easy to follow, detailed Step by Step Guide (PDF) based on your unique circumstances within 1-2 working days from purchase
- Prepare and submit your application at your own pace
- Government fees additional
- Also includes an optional 30-minute consultation
Fully Managed Visa Application Service
Application managed on your behalf from start to finish by a registered UK Migration consultant.
- Your visa application is expertly prepared, submitted and managed with the UK Government.
- Consultant will work with you to collect all supporting documents based on unique circumstances
- All supporting documents reviewed before your application is submitted
- Provide online support and telephone consultations to clarify any visa application requirements
- Application submitted to the UK Government within 1 working day after receiving all the required information and supporting documents
GOVERNMENT FEES AND PROCESSING TIME
|BUSINESS VISITOR VISA||OUTSIDE THE UK (ENTRY CLEARANCE)||INSIDE THE UK (FLR)|
|Government Main Application Fee||£93||£1033|
|Government Partner Application Fee||£93||£1033|
|Government Child Application Fee||£93||£1033|
|Processing Time||1-3 weeks||1-8 weeks|
* All fees and processing time are obtained from government sources