Applicants do not need to have friends or family in the UK in order to visit the country. A Standard Visitor visa for tourism purposes allows applicants to travel to the UK for leisure, for business or for another reason such as to visit family and friends, take part in sports and creative events, receive private medical treatment or purely to visit the country for up to six (6) months. The UK is extremely diverse in its landscape and people and has a wealth of culture, history and scenic beauty that can be discovered and explored.
All applicants in this category must show to the UK Immigration Authorities that they can financially maintain and accommodate themselves in the UK without recourse to public funding or working. They can show however that they have assistance from family member(s) living in the UK.
Standard Visitor Visa Basic Requirements
To qualify under a Standard Visitor Visa for tourism purposes, there are basic requirements that must be met. Applicants must only visit the UK for a maximum of six (6) months at a time, show that they will be able to financially support themselves, and meet the cost of their onward journey. They must not take up any paid or unpaid employment in the UK.
Standard Visitor Visa Entitlements
This visa entitles holders to visit the UK for up to a maximum of six (6) months allowing them to experience life and culture in the UK. They may be allowed multiple entries to the UK during this six (6) month period.
What are the Processing Time and Costs?
Choose from either a fully managed service for peace of mind, or a purchase an in-depth application guide to help you manage your own visa application with minimal difficulites. Click below for a more detailed overview of what is included in the fees.
Personalised Do-it-yourself Application
Self manage your application with personalised advice from a registered UK Migration consultant
- Personalised application advice
- Easy to follow, detailed Step by Step Guide (PDF) based on your unique circumstances within 1-2 working days from purchase
- Prepare and submit your application at your own pace
- Government fees additional
- Also includes an optional 30-minute consultation
Fully Managed Visa Application Service
Application managed on your behalf from start to finish by a registered UK Migration consultant.
- Your visa application is expertly prepared, submitted and managed with the UK Government.
- Consultant will work with you to collect all supporting documents based on unique circumstances
- All supporting documents reviewed before your application is submitted
- Provide online support and telephone consultations to clarify any visa application requirements
- Application submitted to the UK Government within 1 working day after receiving all the required information and supporting documents
GOVERNMENT FEES AND PROCESSING TIME
|STANDARD VISITOR VISA||OUTSIDE THE UK (ENTRY CLEARANCE)||INSIDE THE UK (FLR)|
|Government Main Application Fee||£93||£1033|
|Government Partner Application Fee||£93||£1033|
|Government Child Application Fee||£93||£1033|
|Processing Time||1-3 weeks||1-8 weeks|
* All fees and processing time are obtained from government sources