Why Us

Established in 2002, Migration Expert is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced migration consultants for Canada, the UK and Australia clients from across the globe wishing to apply for a UK visa. Migration Expert provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent our clients through the often-complex visa application process. All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the UK Government subject to lodging a valid application using the free forms available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Expert is not affiliated with the UK Government and act independently in the interests of our clients.

Overseas Domestic Worker Visa

Overseas Domestic Worker Visa

The Overseas Domestic Worker Visa allows overseas employers to bring their domestic workers with them when visiting the United Kingdom for up to 6 months. Domestic workers in private households can include cleaners, chauffeurs, gardeners, cooks, nannies and carers. They must be employed in the UK in the employer's house or in a house that they use regularly.

UK Employer? Book a complimentary consultation with a UK Migration Consultant.

Overseas Domestic Worker Visa Basic Requirements

Applicants must have been employed as a domestic worker in the same employer's household overseas for at least one (1) year immediately before applying to enter the UK in this capacity. Visa holders will need to accommodate and support themselves without recourse to public funds.

Overseas Domestic Worker Visa Entitlements

Successful applicants will initially be given permission to live in the UK for a maximum of 6 months or when the employer returns home whichever is sooner. Subject to meeting certain legal requirements, the UK Border Agency will not extend their permission to stay past 6 months or past the time that the employer is in the UK. Applicants who entered via this route before the 6th of April 2012 will still be able to apply for ILR in the UK. Applicants wishing to extend their limited leave are required to be in full-time domestic work and clarify the length of leave which can be granted at each extension.

To see a full listing of our fees and services, Overseas Domestic Worker Visa processing times and application costs please visit our FAQ page.