The Parent of a Child at School Visitor Visa is appropriate for parents who want to accompany their child to the United Kingdom while they attend school.
Parent of a Tier 4 Child Visitor Visa Basic Requirements
To qualify for a Parent of a Child at School Visitor Visa, applicants must:
- Have a child who is studying at or about to start studying at an in dependant fee-paying day school in the UK or have a Tier 4 (Child) Visa,
- Have sufficient funds to support themselves while in the UK, without recourse to public funds or working,
- Meet the visitor visa requirements,
- Maintain a second home outside the UK,
- Plan to leave the UK at the end of the visit,
- Be able to meet the cost of their return or onward journey.
Parent Of A Tier 4 Child Visitor Visa Entitlements
The visa can be granted for either 6 or 12 months. Thereafter, extensions may be granted for 12 months at a time until the Child reaches 12 years of age. Parents are not permitted to work and must be able to support themselves during their stay in the UK.
What are the Processing Time and Costs?
|SERVICE NAME||PROCESSING TIME||SERVICE FEE|
|Managed Visa Application Service||60 days||US$799.00|
|Guided Visa Application Service||2 days||US$299.00|
GOVERNMENT FEES AND PROCESSING TIME
|PARENT OF A TIER 4 CHILD VISITOR VISA||OUTSIDE THE UK (ENTRY CLEARANCE)||INSIDE THE UK (FLR)|
|Government Main Application Fee||£516||£1033|
|Government Partner Application Fee||N/A||N/A|
|Government Child Application Fee||N/A||N/A|
|Processing Time||1-3 weeks||1-8 weeks|
* All fees and processing time are obtained from government sources