Why Us

Established in 2002, Migration Expert is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced migration consultants for Canada, the UK and Australia clients from across the globe wishing to apply for a UK visa. Migration Expert provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent our clients through the often-complex visa application process. All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the UK Government subject to lodging a valid application using the free forms available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Expert is not affiliated with the UK Government and act independently in the interests of our clients.

UK EEA Family Visa

UK EEA Family Visa

The United Kingdom is part of the European Economic Area (EEA) and therefore permits free movement of nationals between Member States. An EEA national who resides in the UK, or who intends to reside in the UK, and is economically active can sponsor a dependent Child, Fiancé(e), Grandchild, Great Grandchild, Grandparent, Great Grandparent, Parent or Unmarried partner.

Non-EEA nationals whose family member is exercising their Treaty Rights in the UK may be eligible for a maximum period of five (5) year residence family permit. This allows the applicant to live, work and study in the UK without restriction.

Ultimately, the applicant may be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and British Nationality.

EEA Family Visa Basic Requirements

To obtain an EEA Family visa it is necessary for applicants to fulfil the basic prerequisites set out by UK Immigration Authorities.

To qualify for an EEA Family visa there are basic requirements that must be met. In the case of spouses/partners, both parties must be at least 18 years and in a genuine relationship. In the case of other family members the applicant must be dependent on their EEA relative.

EEA Family Visa Entitlements

The validity period of the EEA Family visa will vary according to the information submitted to show how long the EEA family member will be exercising their Treaty Rights in the UK. The maximum duration is five (5) years. Visa holders are permitted to work and study in the UK during this period without any restriction.

Once visa holders have lived in the UK for five (5) years and satisfy the necessary requirements, they may be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). ILR entitles individuals to permanent residency in as well as visa-free travel to and from the UK. ILR holders may also be able to sponsor their non-British relatives into the UK and may also ultimately be eligible to apply for British citizenship.

To see a full listing of our fees and services, EEA Family Visa processing times and application costs please visit our FAQ page.