Change Country:
Work Visas
Migration Expert UK is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced OISC registered migration consultants who represent clients from across the globe wishing to apply for a UK visa. Migration Expert provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent our clients through the often-complex visa application process.
All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the UK Government subject to lodging a valid application using the free forms available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Expert is not affiliated with the UK Government and act independent in the interests of our clients.
Registered UK Immigration Consultants MARA Registered Australian Immigration Consultants OISC Registered UK Immigration Consultants ICCRC Registered Canadian Immigration Consultants
UK Work Visas
Do I qualify for

Work Visa?

UK Tier 2 - Intra-Company Transfer Visa

The Tier 2 - Intra-Company Transfer visa is for semi-skilled and highly skilled workers, with a job offer in the United Kingdom on the basis of a transfer or secondment with their existing employer.

Applicants who are granted temporary residence under the Tier 2 - Intra-Company Transfer visa scheme are permitted to live and work in the UK for the duration of their employment for a maximum three (3) year period.

Employers seeking to sponsor or hire foreign workers can sign up for UK Corporate Immigration Services.

Assessment for Employers Assessment for Individuals  

Tier 2 - Intra-Company Transfer Visa Basic Requirements

The basic requirement for this visa is to score a minimum of 70 points for attributes including sponsorship, qualifications, prospective earnings, English language and available maintenance (funds). Intra-company transferees will automatically be awarded points for English language (except in cases where the applicants combined stay in the UK on this visa will then exceed three (3) years).

Applicants for the Tier 2 - Intra-Company Transfer visa must have been employed by their existing overseas employer for a minimum of six (6) months with essential company knowledge and experience prior to lodgement of the application. The overseas company should be linked to the receiving UK employer by way of common ownership (one company owns the other, or both must be part of a group of companies controlled by the same parent or holding company).

In the first instance, a prospective sponsor will apply to the UK Home Office in order to be granted a licence. When successfully licensed, a sponsor can apply for a number of certificates of sponsorship, which they can then present to the people whom they intend to sponsor. Once a prospective employee has been allocated a certificate of sponsorship, he or she will be eligible to apply for UK entry clearance or leave to remain in the UK.

Assessment for Employers Assessment for Individuals  

Tier 2 - Intra-Company Transfer Visa Entitlements

The Tier 2 - Intra-Company Transfer visa is issued for an initial maximum period of three (3) years.

Upon successfully holding a Tier 2 - Intra-Company Transfer for a total of five (5) years, individuals may be entitled to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). ILR entitles individuals to permanent residency in as well as visa-free travel to and from the UK. ILR holders may also be able to sponsor their non-British relatives into the UK and may also ultimately be eligible to apply for British citizenship.

Eligible dependants may also qualify to be included and upon obtaining the visa, may be entitled to work or study without any restrictions.

Assessment for Employers Assessment for Individuals  

To see a full listing of our fees and services, Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer visa processing times and application costs please visit our FAQ page.

Other Work Visas
Latest Immigration News
  • An Alternative to the UK Family Migration Route

    Since the court ruled in favour of the Home Office's new minimum income threshold for UK Family Visa's, it has become a mammoth task for many UK citizens to sponsor their non-EU partners or children to stay or join them permanently in the UK. However, there is an alternative option available; The Surinder Singh route. The Surinder Singh Route is a method that can be used to bring your family members into the UK using your rights as an EU member as opposed to a UK Citizen.

  • Changes to UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa Route Announced
    In order to prevent the UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa stream from fraudsters, an announcement of changes to this visa type has been made on July 10, 2014 by the UK's immigration minister James Brokenshire.
  • UK Launches a New Visa for Chinese Mathematics
    The UK’s Home Office has added a new 12 month “mathematics teacher exchange” scheme to the Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange) route. This plan is to bring around 60 maths teachers from Shanghai to work in the UK in March.