Change Country:
Work Visas
Migration Expert UK is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced OISC registered migration consultants who represent clients from across the globe wishing to apply for a UK visa. Migration Expert provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent our clients through the often-complex visa application process.
All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the UK Government subject to lodging a valid application using the free forms available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Expert is not affiliated with the UK Government and act independent in the interests of our clients.
Registered UK Immigration Consultants MARA Registered Australian Immigration Consultants OISC Registered UK Immigration Consultants ICCRC Registered Canadian Immigration Consultants
UK Work Visas
Do I qualify for

Work Visa?

UK Tier 1 - Post-Study Work Extension Visa

The Tier 1 - Post-Study Work Extension Visa is specifically for international graduates who have studied at recognised institutions in the UK to stay and look for work without the need for a sponsor.

As the Tier 1 - Post-Study Work Extension Visa category is now closed for new applicants, new international graduates may take the Tier 2 (General) eligibility assessment to determine if they will be able to stay in the UK. However, extensions are possible for current post-study work visa holders.

Employers seeking to sponsor or hire foreign workers can sign up for UK Corporate Immigration Services.

Assessment for Employers

Assessment for Individuals  

Tier 1 - Post-Study Work Extension Visa Requirements

To qualify for a Tier 1 - Post-Study Work visa under the UK points-based system, applicants must score a minimum of 95 points for attributes including UK qualification, UK institution, valid immigration status, date of award, English language and maintenance funds.

Assessment for Employers

Assessment for Individuals  

Tier 1 - Post-Study Work Extension Visa Entitlements

A Tier 1 - Post-Study Work Extension Visa entitles the holder to live and work in the UK temporarily. A Tier 2 - General visa is usually granted for a maximum period of two (2) years.

Spouses and unmarried children under 18 years of age may be included on the visa application to accompany their spouse or parent to the UK.

Assessment for Employers

Assessment for Individuals  

To see a full listing of our fees and services, Tier 1 - Post-Study Work Extension Visa processing times and application costs please visit our FAQ page.

Other Work Visas
Latest Immigration News
  • An Alternative to the UK Family Migration Route

    Since the court ruled in favour of the Home Office's new minimum income threshold for UK Family Visa's, it has become a mammoth task for many UK citizens to sponsor their non-EU partners or children to stay or join them permanently in the UK. However, there is an alternative option available; The Surinder Singh route. The Surinder Singh Route is a method that can be used to bring your family members into the UK using your rights as an EU member as opposed to a UK Citizen.

  • Changes to UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa Route Announced
    In order to prevent the UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa stream from fraudsters, an announcement of changes to this visa type has been made on July 10, 2014 by the UK's immigration minister James Brokenshire.
  • UK Launches a New Visa for Chinese Mathematics
    The UK’s Home Office has added a new 12 month “mathematics teacher exchange” scheme to the Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange) route. This plan is to bring around 60 maths teachers from Shanghai to work in the UK in March.