Change Country:
Migration Expert UK is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced OISC registered migration consultants who represent clients from across the globe wishing to apply for a UK visa. Migration Expert provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent our clients through the often-complex visa application process.
All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the UK Government subject to lodging a valid application using the free forms available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Expert is not affiliated with the UK Government and act independent in the interests of our clients.
Registered UK Immigration Consultants MARA Registered Australian Immigration Consultants OISC Registered UK Immigration Consultants ICCRC Registered Canadian Immigration Consultants

UK Immigration News

Do I qualify for a UK Visa?

Extending a UK Visa on the Basis of Family or Private Life

Friday, 14 September 2012

According to an announcement from the UK Border Agency (UKBA), anyone who wishes to remain in the UK on the basis of family or private life must apply under one of the family or partner routes.

You can live & work in the UK! go >

The UKBA will not consider applications based on family or private life under any of the following UK visas:

Applicants must apply under the correct route, using the appropriate application form:

  • FLR(M) for the 5-year partner or parent route;
  • FLR(O) for the 10-year partner or parent route; and
  • FLR(O) for the 10-year private life route.

A request for leave to remain in the UK on the basis of family or private life will be considered under Appendix FM and paragraph 276ADE of the UK Immigration Rules.

If you are interested in UK Visas, contact Migration Expert for information and advice on which visa is best suited to you. You can also try our visa eligibility assessment to see if you are eligible to apply for a visa to the UK.


RSS Feed